Book Shelf Escape walkthrough by JG_escapee(escapegames24)
1: take all the books with titles on them. You'll have to keep zooming in and out of the shelves, which is annoying, but it's the only way.
2: Open each of the green 'Wild Books' by clicking on book in inventory. Take animal symbol from each. (To close a book, click outside the picture box on screen.)
3: Open the pale green 'Discovery Book', place animal pics to get trophy piece no. 1.
4: Open the black 'Symbol Book'. Note the shape inside.
5: Open the two light brown 'Treasure Books' and take symbols.
6: Open dark brown 'Hint Book' and note the clues, especially the symbols on P3
7: Open the 'Tools Book'. Take the knife and the SD.
8: Open the orange 'Key Book'. Note shapes and numbers of keys.
9: Note that pale blue 'Route Book' won't leave inventory yet.
10: Take the green 'Keyhole Book' from inventory, note that it won't open.
11. Click back to bookshelf view. Mouse over each shelf. Certain books will appear in the text at the bottom of the screen.
12: Collect all five coloured books. You should have green, red, violet, yellow and purple.
13: Open each book in turn. Note the numbers inside.
14: Remember the orange Hint Book? Open it up and look at the first page. So, what could that colour sequence refer to?
Oh yeah! The numbers from the books! Looks like we've got to use those numbers to unlock something. But what?
15: Click on the bottom shelf, then on the first yellow book. Hey look! A hidden safe! And it needs five numbers! What could they be... ?
7 3 8 5 1
16: Take the chip from the safe.
17: Where to use this chip? Hmm... does one of these books look different? Oh yeah, the light blue book on the second bottom shelf has a label the other ones don't have!
18: Zoom in on that book, and use the knife to remove the label. Hey, here's somewhere for that chip!
19: Ooops! Now we have a whole new set of books. Oh well, better collect the ones that have titles then.
20: This is where it gets tricky. Let's start with the Egypt Book. Open it up. See all the symbols? Where have we seen those before?
21: Open the handy orange Hint Book again. See the symbols on p.3? Hmm, looks like they're in a different order from the Egypt Book. We'd better get the Egypt Book sorted out.
22. Open the Egypt Book. You need to move all the symbols into the positions shown in the Hint Book. You do that by clicking on the symbol you want to move, then the symbol on the space you want to move it to. They'll swap positions. Once you get them all in the right place, collect the shapes from the 4 boxes.
23. Alright, back to the black 'Symbol Book'. Place the shapes you just got from the Egypt Book into the silhouette to make Nefertiti's head. That gives you a star shape. Add to inventory.
24. Now back to the bookshelves. Click on the 'Map Books' to zoom in. Now click on the light blue 'Route Book' from your inventory. Oh! It opens!
25: Looks like we have to create a route here. I guess we could try connecting the dots?
Uh-huh, this is where it gets tricky again. You have to connect the dots in a certain order. You do that by clicking on your first dot, then all the others til a line appears. You then click the second dot, then all the others til the next line appears. But if you want to avoid all the hassle, here's how I did it:
Number the dots like this:
2 4 6 8 9
1 3 5 7 10
Start on 1, then click 2
Click 2, then 3.
Click 3, then 5.
Click 5, then 4.
Click 4, then 7.
Click 7, then6.
Click 6, then 8.
Click 8, then 9.
Click 9, then 10.
A map book has slid out! Add it to your inventory then open it and take the shape.
25: OK, next step. You've got 3 Treasure Books in your inventory. Two contain shapes. Collect the shapes first, then open the third book.
26: See the cross shape? Use the corresponding shapes from your inventory to fill it in. Collect another shape.
27.Open the yellow-ish 'Book to Create'. See that key shape? Where have we seen that before? Note you can enter a number into the black box beside the key shape.
28. Now, remember that orange Key Book? Which one of those shapes matches the key in the 'Book to Create'? What number does it have?
29: Back to the 'Book to Create'. Enter the number "12" in the black box.
30: Take the key.
31: Open the Keyhole Book and use the key. Take the shape from inside.
32: Now open the 'Golden Book' from your inventory. Ah, that's where the rest of the shapes go!
33: Place the five shapes on the book, then use the SD to remove the screws from the four corners. Take the key.
34. Go to the bottom shelf. See the missing book? Place your no. '7' book in the right position to go back to your starting screen.
35: Zoom out from the bookcase and zoom in on the door. Use your key, and...
36: ... you're OUT!!!